- Universal design
- A/B Testing & metrics-driven UX/UI design
- Front-end web coding (CSS, SASS/LESS, HTML5, some PHP)
- Web scripting (JS, jQuery, Grunt)
- Illustration & animation
- Basic MySQL
- User testing & research
- Responsive email design & coding
- Worked in Agile/Scrum environment
- Audio & video editing
- Creating & maintaining brand guidelines
Pega: 2014 – Current
Lead for Functional Design (Mobility, Accessibility, Design Standards)
- Define and develop accessibility design, testing patterns, standards, and methodologies. Was invited to speak at Goverment Empowered in 2017 on the topic of accessibility in design.
- Large part in defining the initial groundwork for our adaptive/responsive approach to app design from watches, phones, voice, etc.
- More to come …
Astonish: 2008 – 2014
Astonish was the leading SaaS marketing & sales automation company focused exclusively on local insurance agencies. Astonish was named the 267th fastest growing private company in the US. (Inc. Magazine 2012)
Principle Corporate Designer / UX Manager / Creative Director
- Led the project plan and structure for the new corporate website design. Worked with key stakeholders for approval through interactive wireframes. We released a week ahead of schedule.
- The new site’s bounce rate dropped 60% within the first month. Organic search bounce rates dropped from 67% to 4.8%. Average time on site jumped from 90 seconds to just over 3 minutes! The webspeed test also rose from Ds, Cs, and Bs, to straight As on everything we have control of.
- Recently created the first ever corporate style guide and unified Office templates. Due to heavy promotion, every department actively used these.
- Created various strategy guides, whitepapers, ads, and infographics. These broke the old record of 285 leads a month with a whopping 415 leads.
- Consolidated Astonish’s online media outlets. Collected 25 content sources and merged them into 2 primary sources.
- Conducted remote & face-to-face interviews with users. Conducted speed tests, time to completion tests, and prioritized core issues around workflows.
- Reduced the visual load of the existing platform for older users and computers, allowing for cleaner and easier-to-read content. On a scale of 1 – 6 (3 meaning indifferent to the changes), the new UI received a 4.64 from our customer base.
- Standardized measuring user interviews, personas, and creating scenarios for testing.
- Guided product with customer data to focus on specific agency needs for the next release. These are currently in dev.
- Solved critical issues, saving the product team thousands of dollars and many dev hours.
- Created interactive wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, paper prototypes and user workflows.
- Managed a team of 6 devs and designers while building 10 sites a month.
- Oversaw site designs & client design meetings, giving constructive feedback to team members.
- Created a custom HTML5 video player template for use on all Astonish sites (used until 2012).
- Responsible for hiring, firing, and training new team members.
- Animated many small videos in Flash to describe the vast array of products our clients offered.
- Developed core standards, dynamic site templates, and form templates. Built the first mobile focused offerings for websites for Astonish.
Messengers of Hope: 2006 – 2008
Messengers of Hope was a non-profit that looked to help better the world by sharing various positive media messages.
- Designed, developed and managed various micro-sites for political activism, non-profit companies, and independent movies.
- Created interactive email experiences for a few of Walden Media's movie releases such as “Because of Winn-Dixie” and ”Charlotte’s Web”.
BZ Results: 2001 – 2006
BZ Results was a SaaS company that created modern online presences for automotive dealerships all across the US. BZ was acquired by ADP in 2006.
Flash Designer & Developer
- Worked with Subaru of America and BMW USA on national interactive experiences for new vehicles with 360° vehicle tours.
- Created interactive vehicle tours for almost every make and model of vehicle from 2003-2005.
- Developed many site templates for car dealerships all over the US. Made design systems before they were called that.